Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located? How do I place an order?
- Confetti Cake Shop is a licensed, home based custom cake studio located in Grayson, Georgia.
- Orders are taken via email, or by private consultation appointments only.
- We do not have a store front and pick ups are by appointment only.
- Please email anytime, or call Tuesday-Friday 10:00-5:00 to place an order or to schedule a consultation.
- Contact Us
How much will it cost?
- All cakes, cupcakes and cookies vary considerably in price depending on size, complexity of design and the amount time required to create your chosen design.
- Dessert cakes start at $5 per serving, cupcakes start at $36/dozen. Custom cakes average $10/serving and custom cookies average $48-$65/dozen. Minimum orders are required.
- Pricing Info
How much notice do you need to place an order?
- At least 6 weeks lead time is recommended for wedding cakes and large orders of 75 guests or more.
- For smaller cakes it is best to order 2-4 weeks in advance but early is best! Some popular weeks book up far in advance.
How large is a cake serving? What size cake do I need?
- A standard celebration cake slice is 2" x 2" x 4". This size serving is what will be included in your quote.
- A standard wedding cake slice is 1" x 2" x 4". If you opt for this smaller serving size you will get double the number of servings than is quoted. Most customers prefer the larger, celebration cake slice.
- Cake Size & Serving Info
What flavors do you offer?
- View our suggested flavor options here: Flavor Combinations.
- All cakes, cupcakes and cookies are baked fresh to order so almost any flavor choice can be accommodated.
- All icings are made from scratch too!
Do you offer cake tastings?
- Tasting boxes for clients to take home and sample are available for $35.
- Sample packs of cupcakes are also available for $36/dozen and can contain up to 3 flavors.
- 2 weeks notice is required for tasting boxes and sample packs.
What is your payment policy?
- A limited number of orders are taken each week. No order date is reserved until deposit or full payment has been paid.
- The total invoice amount must be paid at least 10 days before delivery or pick up.
- Last minute orders placed less than 14 days in advance must be paid in full at time of order.
- No order will be made or delivered until full payment has been received.
- Payment can be made by money order, cash, debit card, credit card or PayPal.
What is your cancellation policy?
- ALL "Hold my Date" retainers are non-refundable but you can reschedule to a different available date if necessary.
- Cancellations requested more than 2 weeks (14 days) in advance of event date will be fully refunded less the "Hold my Date" retainer and cost of any items special ordered or hand made for the order.
- Cancellations requested 8– 13 days before event date: forfeit the 50% deposit paid.
- Cancellations requested 7 days or less before the event date: no refund will be issued.
- All requests for cancellations must be made in writing via email to: email@example.com.
Do you offer delivery and set up?
- Yes. The Delivery fee is $1 per mile round trip with a minimum delivery charge of $20.00.
- Depending on the size and design of your cake, delivery may be required. All 3 tier and larger cakes require delivery.
Can my cake have “dummy” (fake) tiers?
- Entire tiered cakes can be made from Styrofoam if you wish, but this is not recommended.
- Dummy tiers do allow you to have a larger, more spectacular looking cake without having to waste the extra cake.
- Due the amount of materials and time spent decorating these cakes, the price difference is minimal.
Can you provide flowers for my cake?
- I can provide some types of fresh flowers or I can place flowers on your cake that you or your florist provide.
- I am happy to answer any questions your florist may have about your cake.
- I can provide handmade sugar or icing flowers for your cake at an additional cost.
Do you provide cake toppers? Can I use my own topper?
- I can make a unique sugar monogram or hand sculpted topper for your cake.
- If you have purchased a special topper you want to use, I will be happy to place it on your cake.
- I can special order a cake topper of your choosing at an additional cost.
What if I want to make changes to my order?
- Design changes are possible but may incur a fee that will be added to your remaining balance.
- No major changes can be made to your overall design 2 weeks prior to the event (1 full week for smaller orders).
- Date changes are subject to availability.
- Any updates and corrections to your order must be provided via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Store your cake on a level surface.
- Keep the cake in a cool spot away from heat and direct sunlight. Refrigeration or air-conditioning is best.
- You can refrigerate or freeze cakes in an airtight containers once they have been cut to preserve them.
- If you would like to keep any decorations such as figurines or sugar flowers, store them in a container preferably with some anti-moisture crystals.