Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located? How do I place an order?
- Confetti Cake Shop is a licensed, home based custom cake studio located in Grayson, Georgia.
- Orders are taken via phone, email, or by private consultation appointments only.
- Please email or text anytime, or call Monday-Friday 10:00-5:00 to place an order or to schedule a consultation.
- Contact Us
How much will it cost?
- All cakes, cupcakes and cookies vary considerably in price depending on size, complexity of design and the amount time required to create your chosen design.
- Standard cakes start at $5 per serving, and cupcakes & cookies start at $2.50 each, $24/dozen. Minimum orders are required.
- Pricing Info
How much notice do you need to place an order?
- At least 6 weeks lead time is recommended for wedding cakes and large orders of 75 guests or more.
- For smaller cakes it is best to order 2-4 weeks in advance.
- Some short notice orders can be taken but this depends on availability.
How large is a cake serving? What size cake do I need?
- A standard celebration cake slice is 2" x 2" x 4". This size serving is what will be included in your quote.
- A standard wedding cake slice is 1" x 2" x 4". If you opt for this smaller serving size you will get double the number of servings than is quoted. Most customers prefer the larger, celebration cake slice.
- Cake Size & Serving Info
What flavors do you offer?
- View our suggested flavor options here: Flavor Combinations.
- All cakes, cupcakes and cookies are baked fresh to order so almost any flavor choice can be accommodated.
- All icings are made from scratch too!
Do you offer cake tastings?
- There is a $25 flat fee (for 2 people) to schedule a tasting appointment.
- Tasting boxes for clients to take home and sample are also available for $25.
- Sample packs of cupcakes are available for $25/dozen and can contain up to 3 flavors.
- 2 weeks notice is required for all tasting appointments, tasting boxes and sample packs.
What is your payment policy?
- A 50% deposit is required to place your order.
- A limited number of orders are taken each week. No order date is reserved until the deposit has been paid.
- The balance due must be paid the week before delivery or at time of pick up.
- No order will be delivered until full payment has been received.
- Payment can be made by money order, cash, check, credit card or paypal.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of the event forfeit the deposit paid.
- If a cancellation is made during the week of the event, the balance is still due in full, but you may schedule delivery for a later date.
- All requests for cancellations must be made in writing.
Do you offer delivery and set up?
- Yes. The Delivery fee is $1 per mile round trip with a minimum delivery charge of $20.00.
- Depending on the size and design of your cake, delivery may be required.
Can my cake have “dummy” (fake) tiers?
- Entire tiered cakes can be made from Styrofoam if you wish.
- Dummy tiers allow you to have a larger, more spectacular looking cake without having to waste the extra cake.
- Due the amount of materials and time spent decorating these cakes, the price difference is minimal.
Can you provide flowers for my cake?
- I do not currently provide fresh flowers, but I can place flowers on your cake that you or your florist provide.
- I am happy to answer any questions your florist may have about your cake.
- I can provide handmade sugar or icing flowers for your cake at an additional cost.
Do you provide cake toppers?
- I can make a unique sugar monogram or hand sculpted topper for your cake.
- If you have purchased a special topper you want to use, I will be happy to place it on your cake.
What if I want to make changes to my order?
- Design changes are possible but may incur a fee that will be added to your remaining balance.
- No major changes can be made to your overall design 2 weeks prior to the event (1 full week for smaller orders).
- Date changes are subject to availability.
- Any updates and corrections to your order must be provided in writing or via email.
How do I care for my cake?
- Store your cake on a level surface.
- Keep the cake in a cool spot away from heat and direct sunlight. Refrigeration or air-conditioning is best.
- You can refrigerate or freeze cakes in an airtight containers once they have been cut to preserve them.
- If you would like to keep any decorations such as figurines or sugar flowers, store them in a container preferably with some anti-moisture crystals.